Role: General Manager, Client Operations
Direct reports: Copywriter. Future hires: Client Concierge (onboarding), Client Delegation Coach
Location: Anywhere in the world
Our clients are ambitious, high-impact CEOs, founders, and execs. They have started 100+ companies, raised billions in venture capital, taken companies public, worked in the White House, invested in Facebook/Uber/ Airbnb, run professional sports teams, Governor of US states, and compete in Ironman races and the World Series of Poker.
They’ve joined Athena to get more leverage, more impact, more success, and more time via their relationship with their top 1% Philippines-based Executive Assistant. They are world-class humans who want to get world-class at delegation.
The General Manager, Client Operations will build an end-to-end VIP experience for Athena clients. You will own how we talk to our clients (branding), prioritize our waitlist (500 people long), onboard clients, coach clients to delegate 10x more, and build a community.
Vision: Set the long-term vision for how Athena helps our clients delegate 10x more
VIP Experience: Create a VIP experience for our clients, from the moment they join the waitlist through onboarding and 10x delegation training
Team: Build a high-caliber client ops team that allows us to scale 10x
You will test, build, and optimize these initiatives yourself, and then hire and delegate to team members over time as we scale up.
Client Branding: What are our clients’ needs, and how do we speak to them?
Understand: Deeply understand client needs, preferences, and feedback.
Communication: Optimize client communication (brand guidelines, copywriting)
Client Hospitality: How do we make our clients feel VIP?
VIP experience: Create an end-to-end VIP experience for our clients, adding touches of surprise and delight throughout the client experience.
Fix: Proactively and reactively identify ‘worst’ experiences, dig into root causes, and prescribe solutions ranging from new processes to EA training to new product rollouts
Innovate: Roll out initiatives to better support clients and improve their experience
Community: Leverage our incredible community of founders, CEOs, and execs and build a community among clients
Client Concierge: How do we set our clients up for success?
Waitlist: Manage and optimize the client waitlist (referral loops, prioritizing clients based on relevant metrics, keeping them updated)
Onboard: Manage and optimize client onboarding
Coach: Build a coaching program that trains clients to delegate 10x more (10x delegation email series, 1:1 coaching)
Track: Monitor client-EA partnership health, intervening when there are performance/ quality issues
These are the metrics you will own and optimize.
- Client retention: Improve cohort retention, helping clients build decade+ partnerships
- Client utilization: Improve utilization, helping clients learn how to delegate to leverage their EA for more hours
- Client happiness: Measure client NPS or PMF, and continually drive improvements
- Client referrals: The happier the clients are, the more they refer new clients
Your First 6 Months
In the long-term, you will build and optimize the entire client lifecycle. But our biggest hole in the client experience today is 1) delegation coaching and 2) optimizing the client experience during the first 30 days. Our clients want delegation coaching, and we have lots of ideas for how to deliver it (email, weekly video sessions, ongoing 1:1 text, etc). Your first focus area will be creating a game plan for our delegation coaching program, and then testing all our best ideas. You’ll get your hands dirty by doing the coaching yourself as we test various programs, and once you’ve built something our clients love you’ll hire a dedicated delegation coach to run the ongoing day-to-day. Your second area of focus will be optimizing the first 30 days for clients more generally.
You are a peer of our clients
- Come from a background similar to our clients (startups, tech, ex-founder, etc)
- Are a natural spokesperson and ambassador with our clients
- Can write (or manage copywriter) A+ content for our clients
You are world-class at delegation
- Have deep personal experience with 10x delegation
- Can coach clients the art of delegation
You have experience building teams
- Know how to set a vision and then execute and build
- Can attract top talent and manage a high-performing team
You love remote-first culture we’re building
- Positive, fun, someone we’re excited to work with
- Can work independently but also strong at working across teams
Bonus: You have VIP hospitality experience
- Ideally have experience with high-end hospitality
- If no experience, at least understands and has taste for VIP experiences
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/athena-general-manager-client-operations
Source: We Work Remotely: Business, Management and Finance Jobs