Headquarters: Austin, TX
If after working in finance for years, you are hungry to exercise your full range of skills as a full fledged CFO for a family owned business, this role is for you. This role will be the right fit for a high-capacity, technology loving, finance leader who enjoys getting down into the weeds, transition manual process into the cloud, and automating finance functions for growth.
T&T Consulting recently acquired a small business in Austin, TX and is looking for a CFO to join our portfolio of small companies. We are a privately held group of companies that buy, operate, and hold small family owned businesses. Our investment in enduringly profitable service businesses enables us to own 100% of our business and, with conservative growth and debt, purchase new businesses. We’re not just looking for a CFO, but rather a long term partner who will write the playbook for post-acquisition finance transformation.
Your overall mandate in this position is to transition manual financial processes into the cloud with software. The landscaping business you’ll be working on first is a great business: it’s a multi-million dollar business with loyal customers and employees that’s over 30 years old. But all of the core finance functions are done with paper and pencil. You will be tasked with building a world class financial technology stack to position the business for growth. After implementing the new processes, your role will transition to further automating/streamlining the business so you can focus on our next acquisition target.
- Set rules for credit card and bank statements to maintain QuickBooks Online monthly reports: P&L, collections, customer profitability, and balance sheet
- Investigate and resolve problems emerging from the QuickBooks Online integration with SingleOps (CRM)
- Configure custom QuickBooks Online reports based on company growth goals
- Manage AR and AP through SingleOps/QBO
- Run bi-weekly Payroll
- File the monthly sales tax, quarterly 941s, annual 940s, bi-weekly Texas Workforce Commission report, end of year W2s and 1099s, and end of year franchise tax (not responsible for S corp tax return)
- Organize and automate bill payments
- Location: anywhere in the world with fast internet access
- Pay: $50/hour
- Hours: 5-10/week. No specific time zone except for calls with team members
- Management: you will report directly to the CEO/owner and will manage several office employees
We need a CFO who enjoys being in the trenches and could have easily filled this role at half the rate. We’re investing heavily in this position with high expectations to find a long term intellectual partner as we grow our business.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/t-t-consulting-remote-cfo-50-hour
Source: We Work Remotely: Business, Management and Finance Jobs